Question : Win XP workstations dropping connections attached to Cisco Catalyst 2950 switch

Hi All,
   I am having a very strange issue with a switch that I have running into the basement level of our building.  The switch is a Cisco Catalyst 2950 that has13 Win XP SP2 workstations attached to it.  The workstations keep loosing connection to the domain controller and email/file servers.  I get the following errors in the log:

Event ID: 1030
Source: Userenv
Description: Windows cannot query for the list of Group Policy objects. A message that describes the reason for this was previously logged by the policy engine.

Event ID: 15
Source: AutoEnrollment
Description: Automatic certificate enrollment for local system failed to contact the active directory (0x8007041d).  The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.
  Enrollment will not be performed.

Event ID: 1054
Source: Userenv
Automatic certificate enrollment for local system failed to contact the active directory (0x8007041d).  The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.
  Enrollment will not be performed.

When I VPN in to these workstations I will usually loose my connection within 3-5 mins.  The two other switches where the other workstations and all the servers are attached to work fine.  It is only localized to the basement workstations so I am assuming that it is a problem with the basement switch. Any thoughts?

Answer : Win XP workstations dropping connections attached to Cisco Catalyst 2950 switch

The web client should be able to give you port errors/statistics. I can't remember off the top of my head where in the menu tree you would find it, but it should be clear.

Else, telnet to the switch in question and use "show interface"
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us