Question : Multiple VPN users over a guest WLAN

Hi all,

I was planning on allowing guests to our site to access an internet connection and ultimately create a VPN connection back to their home sites via our guest WLAN.  I remembered reading somewhere that that might not be possible because fo the way IPSEC works.  I cant find the document at the moment but in theory, should it be possible to allow multiple users to create tunnels from our site?   The AP's will be Cisco LWAP's. Not sure yet which controller will be used.

Thanks for all replys

Answer : Multiple VPN users over a guest WLAN

Hmm, does not look like its possible afterall....

RobWill:In my humble opinion...
Yes you will need to move the VPN from the SBS to the Linksys router and purchase a 2nd unit for the remote site. You cannot connect multiple clients from one site to a VPN, as they all share the same public IP. Setting up a site to site hardware VPN will resolve this as well as give you some added bonuses:
-slightly better performance as the encryption/decryption is handled by a dedicated device
-slightly better security with no open/forwarded port
-slightly better security with IPSec than PPTP
I agree with batry_boy that a Cisco ASA 5500 series or PIX would be you best choice, but I have had great success with the RV042’s if the budget is tight. The main issues with the Linksys are the client, not site to site. Having said that, the latest firmware for the RV042 will allow you to use the Windows client if you have problems with the QuickVPN. However, in site to site no client is required.
I got this from the following thread
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Networking/Security/IPSec/Q_22402150.html

Looks like I will need a dedicated bit of hardware at each site.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us