Question : SMS to web page -  application recommendations needed

Hello Experts - We'd like for users to send SMS messages that would then be immediately posted to a web page.  Ideally, messages would first go into a db, or there would be some other way to route the incoming info as depending upon the subject/keyword, the message would be posted to a specific page.  Any recommendations - either commercial or open source software packages; or custom dev using an SMS gateway, etc.  would be appreciated.

Answer : SMS to web page -  application recommendations needed

I believe you will need to use an SMS aggregator.

I used to work for one. They have an SDK, that you can write code with. You then go about registering a short code (5-6 digit number) that users on various cell networks can send text messages to.
 The aggregator then receives those messages from the carrier, and pushes them to a site of your preference, usually either over a HTTP submit, or through a connection like SMPP.

You can also look at utilizing something like Kannel to write your SMPP gateway code. However for full support across various cell networks, you will actually need a shortcode for users to send messages to.

The company I used to work for is Openmarket (openmarket.com)
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us