Question : Looking for general information about broadband in other countries around the world, reliability, speed, cost, etc for a video streaming project.

I am working on a project to stream video to various stream relay servers in offices to about 87 countries (it's a large multinational project). The existing connections for the offices are nto to be used by this service, and to keep costs down I want to install new dedicated broadband (as opposed to leased-line circuit type) connections, as the videos will only stream occasionally and can trickle download from the source servers the rest of the time.

However, my experience of broadband and DSL equivalents in other conutries is quite limited, and I've just got what I've gleaned from the tech news. Below is a list of countires; any information *at all* you may know about cost, speed, reliability, maturity, recommended providers, cultural differences in use (is unlimited usage normal? are long contracts normal?), terminology and technical pointers....would be very greatly appreciated! If you've actually lived in one of these places and have first-hand experience that's all the better. Opinions welcome!

Thankyou in advance! These are the countries (and American states):

Denmark
Spain
Greece
New Zealand
Thailand
China
Serbia
Romainia
Hungary
Argentina
Egypt
South Africa
Portugal
Texas, US
France
UAE
Ireland
Finland
Australia
Sweden
Belgium
Germany
Netherlands
Japan
Turkey
Indonesia
Switzerland
Pakistan
Italy
Peru
Philippines
Mexico
Florida, US
Minesota, US
Brazil
Russia
Kenya
Canada
Norway
Panama
Czech Republic
India
Latvia
Columbia
Chile
Malaysia
South Korea
Singapore
Taiwan
Slovenia
Washington, US
Illanois, US
Austria
Poland
UK
Croatia

Answer : Looking for general information about broadband in other countries around the world, reliability, speed, cost, etc for a video streaming project.

I dont think so without shelling considerable amount your request wont be fulfilled.
A quick google result shows quite similar reports are avilable here.
http://www.quantum-web.com/mainpages/reports.htm

I know IDC or Ovum also sells some similar reports.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us