Question : export network key?

I have a laptop which connects to a Linksys wireless router using WEP and a network key. I have phone that is wi-fi enabled and would like to be able to connect it to my network also. Is there anyway to export the key information from my laptop so that I can enter it in my phone?  I cannot remember where I saved the router  key information.

Answer : export network key?

Mach1pro,

Most likely not.  Your computer may offer a way to export the settings for that connection.  That would depend on what is used to manage the connection, software program or operating system.  However importing that information to your phone will most likely not work.  You will need to manually enter it in the phone.

I have found the best source for the key is usually the router.  Login to the router's web interface and look at the area where you set up the encryption key.  In many cases the router will show the value and not "mask" it like a password field.  The only other option if you can't find the key or get it exported in a readable format would be to set up a new one.

Let me know if you have any questions or need more information.

b0lsc0tt
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us