Question : Moving Mailboxes to other Stores to reduce DB size

I have an Exchange server 2003 EE environment that has one Storage group and 3 databases.  We have 3 companies that that is why 3 databases.  Our main mailbox store is getting quite large (100GB) and i want to chop it up into smaller ones.  I want to crete another storage froup and put 4 new departmental mailbox stores in it.  I have created the Storeage group (storage group 2) and created 4 stores under it.  I tried to move a couple mailboxes to test out and i have a few questions regarding that.  The first question relates to my mailbox.  I am trying to move it first while i test the process to see how lon it takes and i get an error adn can't move it.  I would like to get this resolved before i continue.  I turned on the Diagnostic Logging and the errors i get in the APP event log are 1008, 9168, and 9175.  The sourse is MSExchangeAdmin.  I am the admin and this is my mailbox.  In event 9175 it says the info store cannot be opened.  In event 9168 it says  failed to open mailbox, and in event 1008 says Unable to move mailbox.  

The other question I had concerned the move as a whole.  Are there any other things to look out for as i move 50 mailboxes around???  Thanks for any assistance.

Perry

Answer : Moving Mailboxes to other Stores to reduce DB size

Have you try Ex-merge tool
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us