Question : SERV-U FTP Service

I downloaded the free version of Serv-U Professional FTP and they say it expires after 30 days. Well, what they say exactly is that it reverts to the "personal" edition after 30 days.

Its been more than 30 days and now when I try to FTP by clicking my shortcut, I get a prompt to put my username and password credentials, and when I do, it doesnt accept them.

When I try to telnet to port 21 of the server address, I get a response from the server that says "421 Server is temporarily unavailable - please try again later."

Am I not able to log on using my log on credentials becuse the service has expired? Is that also why I get this error message? If so, why did it work for 40 days, not 30, and NOW crap out on me? Im confused.

Answer : SERV-U FTP Service

>>"AmI making sense?"
Do any of us ?  Certainly not me.

Sounds interesting. An isolated account, not using AD account works, but an AD account doesn't?
I noticed only the corporate version has "Windows User NT-SAM / Active Directory Support ". So maybe you lost that capability with the expiry. Wonder if you have to buy the "full blown" version to get AD integration, sounds like it.

At least if you buy it, they will provide support.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us