Question : How do i network 2 computers so I can share files?

I have no idea how to network my two computers.  I'm running Windows Xp home on my laptop and Pro on my PC.  They are both hooked up to a DLink DSL 504 router for internet access.  I do have a Cat 5E crossover cable if that helps.  How can I connect my two computers so I can share files between them?

Thanks!

Answer : How do i network 2 computers so I can share files?

Well first of all, if you have both PCs connected to the router, make sure they both are in the same IP range and have the same Subnet mask...if they don't, one of them probably isn't getting an IP assigned from the router.

If you could post your IP and Subnet masks for both cmoputers, we can make sure your setting are accurate.

Open a folder, any folder. Go to Tools > Folder Options... under the view tab, go all the way to the last option and check off enable simple file sharing.

Now you should be able to right click a folder you want to share and click "Sharing and Security"....its there you can manage your folder shares. Once you have the shares set up, then we can worry about how you are gong to access them...have you gotten this far?
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us