Question : Urgent need for Speed to communicate with Canada

I intended to pull an all-nighter tonight to prep for a "go live" tomorrow in Canada. But as I started to configure the system I began getting booted off, and as I started to search for a speed test, the time to load web pages seemed to stretch to eternity.

So I am writing to find out solutions to extend my reach from America into Canada for what amount to remote desktop (via LogMeIn). I am completely open to alternatives with better performance.

What about Tight VNC? What can that do for me?

I wil need to exchange files on occaision, but mostly up front when I need to install things like Visual Studio and SQL Server Express. I found that Visual Studio would have taken 9 hours on the communication rate of that server near Toronto. I heard they had DSL. Is that possible?  It felt more like a 56K modem!

I am considering Satellite as well. If it's worth the money, it sounds like we can get the speed. But nothing compared to the FIOS I enjoy daily.

What are some of the fastest Internet connections possible in Canada? And what about operating platforms? I assume I'll need to ditch LogMeIn Central and try something else.

Thanks for your advice.

newbieweb

Answer : Urgent need for Speed to communicate with Canada

I'd give a shot to teamviewer at: http://teamviewer.com/index.aspx

it's free and has very very decent performances.

ThightVNC IMO is slower and less secure but it might work better than logmein.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us