Question : POE Switch Configuration for IP Phones

I have two organizations in one building that are sharing a ShoreTel phone system.

I only administer the network for one organization and I have access to configure the phone network.

The phones were installed by a 3rd party.

The phone network is a 172.20.11.x
My organization (org1) is 10.0.0.x
org2 is 198.162.1.x

My question is this:
I have a new POE switch that I need to configure. I have one uplink from the server room that is fed from another POE switch. My problem is that I have to configure this switch with a Vlan for the phones and data.
The switch is an Allied Telesis Websmart 24 port.

The available settings are as follows

IP config
  I have Vlan 1 set at 10.0.0.207 - 255.0.0.0 - 10.0.0.1 (gateway) This is my data net
 I need to set up Vlan 2 so I entered 172.20.11.200 - 255.255.255.0 - 172.20.11.254 (gateway) this is the phone net
When I try to save these settings, the switch become inaccessible and freezes. Moreover, I cannot ping the switch from anywhere on the network. However, I maintain network connectivity.
I can ping the shoretel server but the phones will not pick up a DHCP address.

If I eliminate Vlan 2 under the IP settings section and just add a tagged Vlan under the bridge settings everything functions on the network but I have bad jitter and the phones pick up an address on the data network.

Yes, I have a 156 option on my DHCP server.

I know this sounds like a mess (and it is) but i was hoping someone could throw some straightforward instructions for configuring this switch. I feel I may be doing things in the wrong order or leaving out a setting.

Also - I know the switch is causing the jitter because I called the receptionist from my cell and the jitter completely went away the instant I disconnected the switch form the network...and the jitter didn't begin until I added the switch.

Thanks\

oh - to add to the mix: I have one drop in each office so the cat5 runs into the phone, then to the workstation. The switch is neccessary because it feeds a different section of the building. The system worked fine like this everywhere else in the building until the addition of this swich.
I would have looked at the configuration of the other switch but it was installed by the third party and I have yet to get the login credentials from them. I think they changed the default password to keep me on a client leash.

Answer : POE Switch Configuration for IP Phones

This question sound familiar.  Although I have no exact knowledge of the devices you are using, it sound very straight forward.  You need to make sure that the uplink port of you current switch is setup as a trunk port, then configure the two vlan on the new switch.  Make sure you specify the native vlan as necessary.  You will need access to your current switch.  If a company installed it and you purchase the device, the device is yours to do as you please and they should provide you the password.  

It seem the only thing that you are missing is making sure that the uplink port is a trunk port and that one of the 2 vlan is set to native.  below is an example for a Cisco port set with 2 vlans for voice and data.  You should be able to get it to work by configure the new switch up link port as trunk.  The set the port that the phones are connected to like below.  Don't worry about the PC the phone's port is a switch also (VLAN tagging).

!
interface FastEthernet0/3
 switchport access vlan 20
 switchport mode access
 switchport voice vlan 100
 srr-queue bandwidth share 10 10 60 20
 priority-queue out
 mls qos trust device cisco-phone
 mls qos trust cos
 auto qos voip cisco-phone
 spanning-tree portfast
 service-policy input AutoQoS-Police-CiscoPhone