Question : Why does it take so long for Internet pages to load?

I have 22 computers on a network.  I have a cable connection that has been upgraded to 8MB service.  The setup is as follows:  cable connection to cable modem to SonicWall TZ190.  From the SonicWall, I have four desktop computers and a wireless router connected directly.  I have another connection that runs to a Linksys router that connects the network to the server, a printer, and six more desktop computers.  The final connection is from that router to another router that splits to desktop connections.  

Here's the problem:  If I do a speed test when only a laptop is connected to the cable modem, I get wildly fluctuating responses.  They can range from 700 kbps for download to 4670 kbps.  I get similar results when the connection is run through the SonicWall so I don't think it is the SonicWall.  Since it happens without any other computers connected, I think I have eliminated any faulty equipment further down the line.

I found a website that did a speed test and also a quality of service test that said quality of service is only 26 out of 100%. The report is attached.  I just don't know what to do with that information or what to test next.  According to the cable company, it is not their problem and I have had a new cable modem installed.  

I'm just looking for ANY suggestions of what to try next!

Thanks in advance.

Answer : Why does it take so long for Internet pages to load?

Hi,

Please check your internet speed with speedtest.net (using different server so you can findout avg. speed)

i will also suggest you to "BWMeterPro"(Bandwidth meter) to test the the net speed.

let me know the results of both and the fluctuations if any.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us