Question : insert & update query is very slow on weblogic

I have an application on weblogic server using sybase database. It execute select query , get some data , manipulate it and update/insert into another table.
But the inserting / updating is very very slow like it adds one row in 40 seconds on avg.
table is very huge and we have indexing also.
Btw the same application runs very fast on another server (Sybase EA server) so I dont understand what is the problem. it cannot be a database problem since it runs so fast on EA server. Only running on weblogic creates a problem.
Weblogic is supposed to be faster than EA server i thought. Please help  me with this. It is pretty critical.
thanks.

Answer : insert & update query is very slow on weblogic

Try setting up RIBO on a windows box and route the WEblogic traffic through it.  RIBO is an option install tool on the Windows client disk that is a "protocol tap" for TDS.  It looks like a server to the client (in this case WEblogic) and a client the database server.  It captures and logs TDS in excruciating detail and allows you to report on the traffic stream at various levels.  It will tell you more than a network protocol analyzer about TDS.

You might want to have the network folks put an analyzer on the link and/or use Wreshark to take a look at the gross network traffic.  It may be you have some generic network issue between the WEblogic server and the database machine.

Regards,
Bill
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us