Question : Address Bar - Access to the resource has been disallowed

I have a user in a tight security OU ( various policies have been enabled e.g. remove run from the start menu, make IE go through a proxy etc.  I have a program that expects to see a drive X:\, as this is where the files it needs are located.  The user has no problem accessing this mapped network drive in Windows Explorer, however if I enter the the path X:\ into the address bar of Windows Explorer I get the following error:

Access to the resource 'X:\' has been disallowed

Therefore when I run the program I get an error as it seems the user can't put in a path X:\

Does anybody have any idea which policy is stopping this from working? as I said the user can access the X:\ drive if they click on it in Windows Explorer and not entering it manually into the address bar.  I have made sure that the user has the appropriate permissions to the the program and share directory.  The user can't access any network share by typing into the address bar but can if mapping a network drive.

Many Thanks

Answer : Address Bar - Access to the resource has been disallowed

Hi,

It's this policy:

> remove run from the start menu

That stops you using any address bars as run boxes as well (which is effectively what you're doing).

Chris
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us