Question : My hosted website doesn't show if I include www in the address - page not found error

I've got a website http://tworiverscoaching.co.uk hosted with webhosting.uk.com  I've had occassional trouble with my site in which I can see the website in my browser if I use the URL without the www, but if I include www it won't show the site but comes up as "page not found".  

I've tested this on a couple of PCs at home, and the tech support guy at my domain registration company (Fasthosts) says he can see the same problem. He seemed to think it was a DNS misconfiguration.  The domain name is pointed to the webhost's DNS servers.  I've got a reseller account with them so I can host a number of my sites, including this one for my wife. I don't have this problem with any of my other hosted sites (about 6 of them) which makes me think it's not my PC.

The tech support guy at the webhosting company says there's nothing wrong and he can see the site using either form of address.  He also asked me to check if I could see it through a proxy server which worked fine.

At the same time, we can't access pop or smtp mail on the server (server not found error), but we can access webmail provided we don't use the www in the address!

Can anyone confirm if they are having the same problem in seeing my site and can you shed any light on why I might be experiencing it.  I need some leverage and some information when I go back to tech support at the hosting company.

The site is hosted on a remote Linux server (remember it's a hosting company guys) runnig cPanel 11.24.5   Not sure if that info helps, but if you need more please let me know.

I haven't much of a clue about this (so need information presented quite simply) and it's quite urgent as my wife is trying to launch her coaching company and needs clients to be able to access her site, so 500 points.

Hope you can help guys.

Answer : My hosted website doesn't show if I include www in the address - page not found error

Colin,
That info is the information currently available on DNS cache, when did your hosting company move?
Do you have access to a DNS console?
If you don't, ask your hosting company to have a look into this.
Also ask them to check if the DNS entries have been removed from these nameservers.
 ns26.redbackinternet.net.
 ns25.redbackinternet.net.

Best Regards,

MM
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us