Question : Old network connection seems to be still on Windows 2003 and is hidden from network connections.

Got 2 NIC in a W2k3 server. One disappeared and afte pnp re-installed as network connection 3.
When I set the IP address of that network connection i get the following message:

The IP address 10.31.0.8 you have entered for this network adapter is already assigned to another adapter
'Bla Bla#2'. 'Bla Bla#2. is hidden from the Network Connections folder because it is not physically in the computer. If the same address is assigned to both adapters and they both become active, only one of them will use this address. This May result in incorrect system configuration.

Do you want to enter a different IP address for this adapter in the liust of IP addresses in the Advanced dialog box?

How can I delete this old network connection?
I can find him in the registry.

Answer : Old network connection seems to be still on Windows 2003 and is hidden from network connections.

HI
If you add an environement variable (My computer -> Properties->Advance->Environement Variables->Local variables) named DevMgr_Show_Nonpresent_Devices with value 1, and in Device manager at View menu select Show hidden devices you will find the removed network adapter. If you delete this adapter (the gray one) will be OK.

Good luck

Dan
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us