Question : Linksys RV082 and VPN

After reading all I could take, I am just going to state the problem and ask the question. Hopefully I will get a simple answer. I am currently using a Linksys BEFSX41. I bought it because of its "VPN" capabilities. It has failed me in that respect. Does the Linksys RV082 allow for VPN connections without having to set up a VPN server inside my network? In short, is the RV082 a VPN server/concentrator itself? I do not want to have to set up a PC inside of my network as a VPN server. If the RV082 is not a server/concentrator, are there any less costly routers that will act as VPN servers/concentrators?

Answer : Linksys RV082 and VPN

Looks that way to me.

Quote:"The Virtual Private Network (VPN) capability creates encrypted "tunnels" through the Internet, allowing up to 50 remote office or traveling users to securely connect into your office network from off-site. Users connecting through a VPN tunnel are attached to your company's network -- with secure access to files, e-mail, and your intranet -- just as if they were in the building. You can also use the VPN capability to allow users on your small office network to securely connect out to a corporate network. "

http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?prid=589&scid=29
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us