Question : how to redirect request to multiple server behind a router?

I'm trying to redirect multiple request to different domain name to different server behind my router.

For example: I wan't www.name1.com to be redirected to 192.168.1.2 and www.name2.com to 192.168.1.3.

The big problem is that both domain name point toward the same address (the router address) and then it has to be redirected to the right server (behind to router)... Another problem is that i'm using dynamic address which means that I cannot point each domain name to a different ip address and then use ip forwarding, since I only got one IP.

It has to use the domain name to resolve the finale ip address on the private part of my LAN. Someone already told me that one way to do this would be to use an application-level gateway (like a proxy) between the router and my servers. That's fine with me but I don't know anything about proxy. Anyone have ideas on how to do this (or on any other way to do it)?

Answer : how to redirect request to multiple server behind a router?

Why can't you just define and forward the port..??  In other words..  www.publicaddress.com:8080 forward to one machine, and www.publicaddress.com:80 to the other machine...  This is all setup in the router and your router will forward the packets to the proper internal NIC specified in the port trigger...

I do this same thing, but with my specific IP address..  (even though it is dynamic at home, it hardly ever changes...)

FE
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us