Question : Computer Cannot Connect to Internet or other computers

We have a small home office network wth two computers, both Windows XP.

Until yesterday, things worked fine.

Today, one computer does not connect to the internet, cannot get email & I cannot connect to it from this computer. Everything else on this computer works fine (internet, email).

There is a wireless router (we have a laptop not currently set up). I checked the eithernet cable on both the router end & the non-working computer end. Both are pluged in fine. I restarted the non-working computer. I unplugged the router, waited & plugged it back in. I DID NOT unplug the cable modem because this computer is working fine.

What can I do to get the other one working again?

Thanks

Answer : Computer Cannot Connect to Internet or other computers

try to access your router setup homepage from the non-working pc. it should be an address like 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.2.1, but some routers use diff ip addys
when you can see ur DHCP clients list on one of ur pcs u can see if you are actually making a good connection
if your non-working pc has a valid DHCP client lease then it is in fact connected, and something in ur xp is blocking you
also you may try doing a hard reset on your router, usually a small pinhole on the back of the router like the pinhole on a dvd tray. press that for 15-30 secs to completely rest everything to factory defaults if nothing else works
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us