Question : Best CAT Cabeling for Voice System

I have two buildings one is wired with a NEC phone system.  The total distance between the ends of both buildings is roughly 550 feet.  (Basically from the front of one building to the end of the other building)

Building 1: 200 feet (front to back)
Yard Betwee: 150 feet
Building 2: 200 feet  (front to back)

I am moving people from building #1 to building #2 and I want to I want to figure out the best cables to run from our current system to a ... "trunk" in the second building that will then distribute to all the phones there. Extensions and everything will still be managed in building #1.

I had a phone system people in and they thought I could use CAT 3 but I feel like I should double check this.. what would be the best solution.  I plan on putting a total of about 12 phones in building #2 so I would like to run 1 big cable (with lots of smaller cables inside) can anybody educate me here..?

Answer : Best CAT Cabeling for Voice System

superior essex cable

http://www.computercablestore.com/OSP_Out_Side_Plant_CAT5e_25_Pair_OSP_CAT5e_catID706.aspx

5e OSP will probably be fine, if you're only going to be there a year, don't bother with sheiding or gopher proofing.

I cannot guarantee you that your digital phones will work at that distance without knowing the loop limit, but the higher grade cable the better your chances of it all working.

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us