Question : Can't find IP of Netgear PS110 Print Server running on Novell 4.x

I'm setting up a domain on Windows Server 2003 and am unable to locate an IP for a Netgear PS110 print server. The company is currently setup on a Novell 4.x network. I believe the print server is using something different than TCP/IP on the Novell network.

Answer : Can't find IP of Netgear PS110 Print Server running on Novell 4.x

I've used the PS101 but not the PS110.  Is there not a test page button on this device that will print out the config?  It might have had TCPIP disabled before it was printing just from NW 4.x but most likely it's just on DHCP.  Check your DHCP server lease information.  The link here suggests you can ftp to the device to change the config too (and no doubt telnet or web too):

I presume he is referring to using an arp -s command to add with an unused IP address on the same subnet pointing at the mac address off the device:

arp -s xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx  00-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx

http://aplawrence.com/Linux/netgear.html

<<<"Although it is usually easy enough to find a Windows PC to configure these with, it isn't absolutely necessary. You can assign an IP address using arp (the MAC address is printed on the bottom of the unit) and then ftp to it, using the "Device name" printed on the unit as the login name, "get config", edit that and then put it back. A final "get RESET" will cause the PS110 to read the new config file.

However- if you have Windows on the network, using the supplied configuration program is much easier.

Also you don't have to use LPR printing- Linux Printer configuration also offers "Direct to port"- the port is 4010 for the P1 and 4020 for P2.>>>

If in doubt we are talking < £50 worth of kit here for the current replacement model so don't spend too long on it!
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us