Question : computer not visable

Hi experts,

I just set up a home netword with a PC and two laptops connected through a wirless ADSL router gateway. everything is working fine but I want to the laptop to use a shared printer on the network (attached to the PC) the same way I had it previously working with my old router, I would type \\PCname in the run box and then use the printer. Now on this setup I can't access the PC through my laptop  (or vice versa by the way). I thought it might be firewalls so I turned them off and still it doesn't work. I thought it could be setting on my router but I don't see anything in the settings about printer sharing, what else could it be?

By the way it's a Linksys ADSL2 gateway, do you need any other information? the laptop is Windows XP prof. the PC I think is XP home

Thank you

Answer : computer not visable

I told you that first communicate with router using ur one by one pc or laptops.Means
wireless router & only one laptop and use now one patch cord ( cat5 cable )connect to touter port & to ur pc n/w card and configured the static ip addresses e.g.192.168.1.5 subnet mask =255.255.255.0 .

If your router default ip address is 192.168.1.1 then try to ping router and check if pinging properly then access the router interface in browser http://192.168.1.1 ...and check the settings .ISP detials = ip address / sunnet mask/gateway & DNS addresses and dhcp is enabled in router so put the ip range in there like 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.254..

Good Luck...
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us