Question : Server and network design recommendations

Hello all,

I'm looking to change some things around with my company's current network setup.  After I'm done with the servers, I will have:
1.  One Database server hosting 3 SQL dbs
2.  One web server for basic web pages
3.  One web application server, with web based apps that communicate with the backend dbs.
4.  One Exchange backend server
5.  One Exchange frontend server

I wanted some suggestions as to what the best way to set this all up is.  I currently have a DMZ set up, but wasn't sure if I still needed it.  I'd like 2,3, and 5 available to the outside, with 1 and 4 having no outside access.  I'd like to have RPC over HTTP, OWA and IMAP running on 5.

I have a Cisco ASA 5200 as my firewall.

Any suggestions as to the best and most secure way to do this would be much appreciated.  Thank you.

Answer : Server and network design recommendations

Well, unfortunately there is not a real big reason to not do it as long as you do it over SSL. And the main advantage over POP is the mail stays on the server for backup and multiple-location access. Of course, you get all these same benefits by using OWA in Safari, plus your enterprise calendars, contacts, tasks, etc.

Instead of convincing your boss, you might try convincing the Mac users to switch to OWA...
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us