Question : Uninstall Winpcap 3.1 problem

I install Winpcap 3.1 on Windows XP SP2 and then install Ethereal to capture the networking packets.
The Ethereal seem did not work, it can not capture anything, I think that it is the problem of Winpcap and decide to uninstall it.
But the uninstaller said that it can not located the program and eixt. I delete the Winpcap file manually include the wpcap.dll in Windows\system32 and all its registry related keys.

I install the Winpcap ver 3.1 again, and this time it detected that the Winpcap is already install in my system and terminated. I don't know what going on, all the registery key related to winpcap is already deleted and I also reboot my computer.

Why the Winpcap 3.1 installer still detected the Winpcap in my system, and how to make the Winpcap and Ethereal work on my system.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Answer : Uninstall Winpcap 3.1 problem

There must still be registry references to winpcap or a dll somewhere. Please look at the following faq, look at item #1 specifically:

http://www.winpcap.org/misc/faq.htm

Other than that you will need to be certain that the registry hhas been thoroughly cleaned ( as usual be extremely cautious when edited your registry, make sure you have a full back up).  I have installed winpcap and uninstalled it many times and I have never run into this issue, usually the uninstaller or removing through control panel works.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us