Question : Routing, Wireless Access Point, Local Network

Hello,
I have a good picture in my mind so I'll do my best to be clear regarding what I want. However, not sure how to achieve what I want, thus the reason being here.

In simple terms, I have  a coffee shop and I want to offer wirless internet to my customers. I want it to work the following way:
1. Customer receives a code printed on the recepit when it buys something.
2. Customer connects to the unsecured wirless network
3. When the customer tries to access a site he gets redirected to a custom local webpage
4. Customer has to enter the code he got in step 1 in this webpage.
5. Customer has internet on his laptop.

How I thought of setting up this system is as follow:
There is one computer with two network cards. One card is connected to the internet modem. The second card is connected to the wireless access point (router with DHCP). The customers will connect to this second router. When the customer access a webpage, the server checks if that MAC address has already entered a code. If not, it display the local webpage which is stored on this server and accepts the customer code. If the connecting MAC address has entered a code then the computer bridges that IP to the network card with the Internet. After a pre determined ammount of time the computer would automatically stop routing that IP to the network card with the Internet.

The question:
What do I need to provide this sort of routing - to the network card with internet or to the local webpage until a valid code is entered?
I have the required knowledge to create the webpage and the codes generator etc. I'm stuck with what application do I need to create this routing (win 2003 server ?).

Thank you,

Answer : Routing, Wireless Access Point, Local Network

I recommend try this Wifi HotSpot Software --> http://www.antamedia.com/hotspot/

Windows-based software for WiFi Hotspot billing. Control time and bandwidth usage of wired and wireless laptops without any client software installations. Customers are redirected to login page before they get access to Internet. Software enables control and billing using captive portal technology and it's suitable for ISPs, Hotspots, Airports, Hotels, Internet and Cyber cafes.

Its the efficient way for your shop. More easy than setting up an application device.

I hope this helps

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us