Question : New Exchange server - BES server not forwarding emails

I am in process of migrating Exchange 2003 from an older server to a new one.  This particular question comes in regards to our Blackberry Enterprise Server.  We have a few dozen people with BB's, and when I move a mailbox from the old to the new mail server, the mailbox moves no problem.

When I open up BB Manager, it sees that the mailbox has moved to a new server.  However, it is not forwarding anything to the BB.  I have not yet moved the BESADMIN ccount - as I assumed that was one of the last things I should do until I'm sure I have a moved mailbox working correctly.

So, to sum up - BES is not forwarding emails to a blackberry that belongs to a mailbox that has been moved to a new Exchange box in the same organization.  I need suggestions.

*VOS*

Answer : New Exchange server - BES server not forwarding emails

Ensure the entire BESadmin account is deleted.  Then do the following:

1. Create a new user called BESadmin and ensure you create a mailbox. Ensure this user is ONLY a member of "Domain users"

2. Make BESadmin a local Administrator of the server.

2. Go to Admin Tools on open "Local Security Policy" and expand the "Local Policies" and "User Right Assignment". You need to add BESadmin to "Log on Locally" and "log on as Service".

4. Open Exchange System Manager and right mouse click on "DOMIANNAME (Exchange)" and select Delegate Control. Follow the steps and add BESadmin as an Exchange View Only Administrator.

5. In Exchange manager expand the servers folder and right mouse click on your server and select properties. On the properties windows select BESadmin and add the permissions "Administer Mailbox Store, Receive As, Send As"

6. Open Active Directory and from the View menu select "Advanced Features". Then go to each user that will be added to the BES and open their properties, go to the security tab and add the user BESadmin and add the security permission "Send As". (This will overcome some MS patches that prevent BES sending emails)

7. Ensure the BES MAPI profile is pointed at the correct server, if you are unable to change the profile follow these steps below:
http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB05033&sliceId=SAL_Public&dialogID=10098897&stateId=1%200%2010106043
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us