Question : Networking my apartment

Hi,
I am a landlord that is interested in installing my own LAN in my apartment complex.  I want around 30 computers to have access to the internet, they do not need to have any file sharing capabilities.  I am looking to do the installation myself.  What would be the most efficient way to do this?  Should I set up a Gigabit Ethernet connection?  Or is there anyway I could split one or two broadband connections with routers/switches?  I am up for any options, wireless included.

Thank you very much

Answer : Networking my apartment

D-Link 614+ is around 80$, and it is the main connection which would be getting the source dsl/cable.

D-link 900+ is around 80$ also, and it will be your repeater.  

i just went to outpost.com which is a partner with Fry's electronics, but you could also try www.pricewatch.com and search for those 2 parts, or goto even buy.com or amazon.com

if this was my complex, i would get the fastest connection i could, then install the d-link 614+.

afterwards, i would get a laptop with winxp on it, and see how the signal is and see how far it goes.

I would then install repeaters throughout the complex, and then go around with the laptop again and make sure it hits every room with enough stability/strength.  if you have a spot that is not getting a signal, you may need an additional repeater in that area.

802.11b can go a good distance, especially with repeaters and strong antennas.  the d-link device has the capability to add external antenas which will boost your signal even greater.  i would highly recommend external antenas and you can get those at the above sites also.  
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us