Question : Trouble running adprep on Windows 2000 Server

I am trying to upgrade my Windows 2000 Server (SP4) to Windows 2003. It is currently the schema master. When I run d:\i386\adprep /forestprep, I get an error that I listed below. Has anyone else gotten this error or know how to fix. Thanks in advance for any help.

Adprep copied file D:\I386\409.cs_ from installation point to local machine under directory C:\WINNT\system32\debug\adprep\data.

Adprep successfully made the LDAP connection to the local domain controller DC4.

Adprep was about to call the following LDAP API. ldap_search_s(). The base entry to start the search is (null).

LDAP API ldap_search_s() finished, return code is 0x0

Adprep successfully retrieved information from the local directory service.

Adprep successfully initialized global variables.

[Status/Consequence]

Adprep is continuing.

ADPREP WARNING:

Before running adprep, all Windows 2000 domain controllers in the forest should be upgraded to Windows 2000 Service Pack 1 (SP1) with QFE 265089, or to Windows 2000 SP2 (or later).

QFE 265089 (included in Windows 2000 SP2 and later) is required to prevent potential domain controller corruption.

For more information about preparing your forest and domain see KB article Q331161 at http://support.microsoft.com.

[User Action]

If ALL your existing Windows 2000 domain controllers meet this requirement, type C and then press ENTER to continue. Otherwise, type any other key and press ENTER to quit.

Adprep was unable to check the forest update status.

[Status/Consequence]

Adprep queries the directory to see if the forest has already been prepared. If the information is unavailable or unknown, Adprep proceeds without attempting this operation.

[User Action]

Restart Adprep and check the Adprep.log file. Verify in the log file that this forest has already been successfully prepared.

Adprep encountered a Win32 error.

Error code: 0x57 Error message: The parameter is incorrect..

Answer : Trouble running adprep on Windows 2000 Server

PAQed, with points refunded (250)

GhostMod
Community Support Moderator
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us