Question : Change Domino Domain Name

I have a 7 server domino 7 infrastructure and need to change the Notes Domain name from one company name to another.
I do not want to have the old company (certifier) name appearing in internal email

Is there a relatively simple way of doing this or do I have to create a new Cert.ID for new organisation and rebuild from scratch. Hope not!!

Answer : Change Domino Domain Name

It's fairly simple to change the Domino domain name.  For the most part, that is just the domain name field in the server document, and the Domino Domain field in workstation location documents.

However, do you additionally want to change the organization name (certifier)?  These are two different things.  Domain is the @Company you see in internal email, while organization is the /Company you see in ACLs and various other places.  Domain has to do wih mail routing, whereas organization has to do with security.

If you also want to change the /Company, that is a more involved process:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=463&context=SSKTMJ&context=SSPQ69&context=SSKTWP&context=SSRNU3&context=SSRNUY&q1=change+organization+name&uid=swg21088125&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en

You said you wanted to
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us