Question : Office Move Project Plan

We are moving offices in September and I'm looking for a project plan.  I know others have made them for their move and have great notes.  Can anyone helpout?  There is just so much to the office move ranging from ordering up new T1 / PRI, moving servers, phone system, etc.  Any previous plans or useful resources would be great.

Jeff

Answer : Office Move Project Plan

Many factors need to be addressed with each move being slightly to dramatically different.

The size and stability of the currnet network? Staff available? Acceptable downtime for both users and internet apps in the case of mail and web? Amount of existing infrastructure? Power and cooling requirements for the servers?

All of the move I handled were not large enough in scale to justify the time spent making a project plan. Much of it involved documents with needed facts, a roll of masking tape and a decent marker. The only real change was the arrangment of the serverroom and moving system patch cables around due to wall jack placements.
I did one with the entire office gutted and all new cabling laid. Another included the addition of an dedicated server room. The move was just a minimal portion of those events.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us