Question : Windows cannot connect to the domain, either because the domain controller is down or otherwise unavailable,.

"Windows cannot connect to the domain, either because the domain controller is down or otherwise unavailable, or because you computer account was not found.  Please tyr again later....."

I am trying to remotely login to one of our servers using RDP.  Login has been problematic lately, i cannot view the eventview because i am not able to log on and the physical box of the server in located 3 hours away.  

Ping this server and it is alive.  I know that it is up and running because it is hosting two VM server that are running smoothly.    So do you have any idea if this is an account issue?  something i could fix in AD?  or other command line to remotely communicate with this x.x.13 server?  

this problem happened after i resolving an issue of not being able to login because of computer-network time difference.  

Answer : Windows cannot connect to the domain, either because the domain controller is down or otherwise unavailable,.

shutdown /r \\yourserver

But I doubt that will work if you can't even authenicate to the server.

If you have a secure channel to the server (like VPN), you could try telnetting to it like so:

telnet yourserver

That will get you to the remote command prompt of the server.

Sounds like the server just needs to be unjoined/rejoined to the domain.

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us