Question : Windows 2000 out of license errors SMBServer 5.0

I have a probelm with a W2k server running terminal services where it keeps running out of licenses although sufficient have been purchased.  The actual error message in the event log is "No license was available for user FIRSTCHOICE\GIUSEPPE using product SMBServer 5.0."  Event ID 201.
I have upped the service pack level to Sp4 - this has not helped.  Originally there were 10 client licenses installed, and 8 terminal services - the error seemed to occur at user 7 or 8.  As 2 new PC's were purchased we got another 5 windows CALs, plus further 5 TS cals.  This seems to now allow about 10 PC's to connect (maybe 11 sometimes).  There are only 11 physical workstations (all internal to the network, but most using terminal services) plus myself to connect remotely on occasion.  Therefore the absolute maximum possible is still short of the licenses purchased but one or more users gets chucked out at least once a day.
I have removed and re-added original Windows CALS, and got Microsoft to re-activate the original TS cals, but still no joy.
The only reference I can see to this on MS knowledgebase related to SBS2000 (which exhibited the same problem) but this was supposed to have been fixed in SP3 which this server was running prior to my attempt to fix by upping to SP4 at the weekend.
TIA, Ben

Answer : Windows 2000 out of license errors SMBServer 5.0

Ok...also make sure that your users are logging off correctly from Terminal Server and just not disconnecting or hitting the X in the top (if RDP client or Web client).
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us