Question : Exchange 2007 Outlook Anywhere on 2008 Server with ISA 2006 Firewall

We have recently migrated from Exchange 2003 on a 2003 Server to a new Server with Exchange 2007 running on Server 2008 and did a move mailbox and followed procedures to decomishion the 2003 box.  All went well with that.

However...
The three functions we needed to re add was support for OWA, support for Windows Mobile devices to get email on their cell phones, and support for Outlook Anywhere (formerly RPC-HTTP/S).  We have both OWA, and Exchange ActiveSync working for our mobile users devices, but I cannot seem to get Outlook Anywhere to work through our firewall.

I tested RPC-HTTP/S connections locally on the LAN and it works just fine. as I ran Outlook.exe /rpcdiage and it showed all HTTPS connections and no TCP/IP connections.

So this tell me its a firewall issue.  We run ISA 2006  I use the same weblistener for all 3 rules  The weblistener is connfigured to listen on owa.ourdomain.com  and is for form based authentication using Windows Authentication for LDAP.  (The same we had it before with 2003 and worked fine)  The Outlook Anywhere rule itself is set for basic authentication.  Now I shouldnt need to anything more to the Exchange server because as previously stated.... I can connect just fine internally with RPC-HTTP/S connections.

Any help would be great!

Answer : Exchange 2007 Outlook Anywhere on 2008 Server with ISA 2006 Firewall

The issue actually existed with WINS, go figure... Put in a correct entry for the mail server and it worked like a champ
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us