Question : RConsoleJ unable to connect

I noticed this before applying SP5 to my Netware 6 server, that RConsoleJ was unable to connect.

The Logger screen reflects the following:

Wed Mar 30 16:01:20 2005
RCONAG6 ERROR /dev/ssltcp Connection could not be established - SAS_Handshake failed

What to do, what to do?

Answer : RConsoleJ unable to connect

There is a FAR easier solution than having to deal with RconJ... use AdRem Free Remote Console. It uses NDS authentication to access remote server consoles, and it also supports access to the Emergency (ctrl-alt-esc) console. When I found out about it a few years ago, I swore that I would never use rconj again.

Another benefit of the software is that the first time you attempt to connect to a remote server, it prompts you for permission to copy the appropriate NLM to the server, load it, and then add it to the end of the Autoexec.ncf.

Download the software from the following link:

After downloading and installing, click the 'unlock' option to bring up the free registration page. After you fill out the following web form, you will be emailed a keycode that will register the product.

As a consultant for several school districts, I find this FAR easier to use than having to remember a different rconj password for every customer's site (30+).
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us