Question : FTP Task in SSIS doesnt get trhrough window firewall

Hi,

Im running SQL Server 2008, and am trying to create an SSIS package that generates a .csv file and uploads it to a FTP Server.
The problem i'm heaving is that the Firewall is blocking the FTP Task. If i run the package from Visual Studio 2008, and test the FTP Connection it tells me the connection test is succesfull and it lets me select a remote directory,.
But if i execute the FTP Task, it never finishes. But if i disable the firewall, all works fine.
The FTP Package uses active mode.

So my question is: How to open the firewall. I added SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio to the firewall exceptions, and also tried opening port 20 and 21. Neither helped.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dready

Answer : FTP Task in SSIS doesnt get trhrough window firewall

MsDtsSrvr.exe should do it.

The next step is to find out exactly where the breakdown is happening.  To do this install wireshark (http://www.wireshark.org/) on your server and your client and watch the ftp traffic.  If your ftp client machine is sending out the right messages and the server is not getting them, you have something between the two that is causing the problem (firewall hardware or router hardware, or something else).  If your ftp server is getting the right messages and sending back the right messages but they are are not getting to the client, then that tells us where the problem is.

Write back your findings and i can help you further narrow down from there.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us