Question : my e-mail rejects messages from friends

I am using outlook 2007 for e-mail. Some friends (on my friends list) encounter undeliverable messages to me. I can't determine why that is so I am sending a copy of one of my friends messages that they got while trying to send me an e-mail.

The e-mail addresses have been emitted from message for privacy purposes,

Thank you, newbnew    

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.      

Delivery to the following recipients is still underway after 6.5 hour(s):

* .net

Will keep trying and contact you if the message can't be delivered permanently.

Reporting-MTA: dns; QMTA14.comcast.net [76.96.27.212]

Received-From-MTA: dns; OMTA20.net [76.96.30.87]
Arrival-Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2009 03:00:37 +0000

Final-recipient: rfc822; .net
Action: delayed
Last-attempt-Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2009 09:27:45 +0000

Answer : my e-mail rejects messages from friends

This email is basically saying that there has been a delay in transmitting the email message. Nothing more.
The code it gives is a 4.1.1 which is a transient error message, meaning that the server will continue to 'retry' the delivery until a certain period of time has elapsed, it should then have successfully delivered the message OR return a Non Delivery Report to the sender.

Where do you connect to to retrieve your email? Verizon directly or do you run an Exchange server?

There is no mention of the reason for this delay, so it could be an internal issue comcast are having, or it may be a problem reaching the Verizon servers. (or Exchange server if you run one).

The key to which one, it whether you have friends using other providers (other than Comcast) that have trouble sending mail.  

Shaun
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us