Question : Routing between multiple subnets on NetGear switch

Thought he'd get more exposure over here, and it seems like it's not a Microsoft Networking Problem.

500 points:
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Networking/Microsoft_Network/Q_21124644.html

Answer : Routing between multiple subnets on NetGear switch

based on what you're saying it would seem to me that the default gateway on the 10.0.2.1 and 10.0.2.5 devices have the wrong default gateway set.  Did you set the default gateway on the devices to 10.0.2.1 out of habit (the .1 part of it)?  It would need to be 10.0.2.2 based on what you've typed.

Another possibility, although I'm assuming it was just a typo on your
part:
"10.0.1.- uses only 2 ip addresses: 10.0.1.1 = trusted IP of firewall and 10.0.2.2 is the port/ip on the switch"

I'm assuming you meant 10.0.1.2 instead of 10.0.2.2.  If you meant to type what you did, then that's a problem.  The 10.0.1.1 and the 10.0.2.2 would be on different subnets, but you mention that they are the only 2 ip addresses in use on the 10.0.1. subnet.  That obviously wouldn't work because those 2 IP (the ones you provided) are on different subnets, not the same.

Lastly, it could be a problem with your f/w.  The f/w needs to know what networks exist on the inside of their private interface.  You may need to had a route statement in the f/w that says the 10.0.2.x network exists behind the 10.0.1.2 (what I believe should be the IP address of the switch that connects to the f/w).
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us