Question : DNS Change

Is there any way to mass change the DNS values of machines on my domain.  I need to change the DNS values of about 150 machines on my domain.  How can I do this????

Answer : DNS Change

Yes, that would be a problem.
If you were to add it to the user's logon script it would be more apt to be applied, but it could still be a problem and the user have to be administrators for the change to take place. I'm not so sure that will work then.

You might have to use the psexec tool to "push" it out. To do so download the utility from:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/utilities/psexec.mspx
and put it in a folder such as C:\Temp on the domain controller. It doesn't have to be installed just unzip the tools. The open a command/DOS window and browse to that folder. Logged in as a domain admin run:
psexec  \\TheComputerName netsh interface ip set dns name = "Local Area Connection" source = static addr = 24.222.1.123

If this works OK, you could use the form:
psexec  @C:\Temp\CompList.txt netsh interface ip set dns name = "Local Area Connection" source = static addr = 24.222.1.123
Then in the same folder as psexec create a text file name CompList.txt with a list of the computers to which to apply the changes. However, as mentioned earlier this will only work for all the adapters name "local Area Connection". You can change that name, but you need to know what it is.
Perhaps it would be better to change your users to DHCP while at it, or is that an option?

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us