Question : Cannot delete AD account

I am trying to delete an Windows 2003 A.D. account of a former IT person in the company that I now support. Every time I try to delete the user account of this person it first off tells me the following:

" Object is a container and contains other objects. Are you sure you want to delete and the object it contains? This operation could take a long time if contains a large number of objects."

It gives me the option of "Yes" or "No" and after I choose "Yes" I get this Active Directory reply:

"The object (or some of the objects it contains) Cannot be deleted because: Access is denied."

I would like to clean up netowork accounts but this one will not go away. I have no idea whether this account was a renamed systems account but in trying to figure it out, I have neutered this account as much as possible by deleteing this user out of all the groups and have assured that this account is not persistently logged onto the network. I've deleted this Exchange account and cleaned off all the user's account folders and cleaned out the profile folders. There are no objects within the account that is left to clean off (at least to my visible eye) yet I cannot delete the account.

Is there a way to determine what this account still has appended it, this user is not a member of any group except the domain users?
Is there a way to hack this account out of A.D. and out of the domain controller without screwing anything up?

Answer : Cannot delete AD account

In active directory users and computers click on View -> click on "Advanced Features". Once you turn that on, when you look at properties of a object, you will notice another tab called security. Check to see who has permissions for this particular object. Maybe your previous IT guy changed this.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us