Question : Network Error (dns_server_failure)

I am getting the below error on my home laptop and no internet.  It only happens under my profile.  When I switch to my wifes' profile its all is fine.  Using xp sp2, dell inspiron 6000.  In wireless environment.  Tried to use cat 5 direct connection and same.  No go under my profile.  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

Network Error (dns_server_failure)

Your request could not be processed because an error occurred contacting the DNS server.  The DNS server may be temporarily unavailable, or there could be a network problem.

For assistance, contact your network support team.

Answer : Network Error (dns_server_failure)

You'll want to make sure that you've done full spyware and virus scans on your machine. However, make sure you have started the machine in Safe Mode and have System Restore turned off before you do it.

Static IP addressing might work, but I doubt you'd need to do that as well. Never hurts to try.

Is your wireless network secured? If not, you should implement some using WPA (use WEP if WPA isn't an option for you). And please make sure that you come up with a complex passphrase. (Some routers will refer to it as WPA-PSK)
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us