Question : Networking Scenario

I have two offices (Let's call them office A and B) in tow different physical location. They each have their own LAN. On a temporary basis, office B needs to use an application that is housed on a server in office A. They can use PC Anywhere to access this application, but the problem is that they would like to be able to print reports from this application locally. In other words, Office B uses PC Anywhere to access app in Office A and wants to print to a local printer in Office B.

What is the best way for me to accomplish this? Could I set up a VPN betweent the two and somehow give office B the option to print to the printer on their LAN?

Answer : Networking Scenario

hey ONYX.. have you really tried to query the help file... here I have it copied for you from (from PC Anywhere's help file)...

Remote Printing

When a remote PC is connected to a host PC, all activities occur on the host PC, including printing.
In order to direct a print command to the remote PC's printer during a session, you must first install the remote PC's printer drivers on the host PC.
To print files at the remote PC during a session:

On the host PC:

1     Choose Application Options from the Tools menu.

2     Click the Remote Printing tab.

3     Click Add Printer to add a remote printer definition to the list.

4     Do one:

·     Select the remote printer driver from the list of Currently Installed Drivers and click next.

·     Select the manufacturer and model of the remote printer from the Manufacturer's and Printers list boxes and click Next.

5     Type a name that identifies the owner or location of the remote printer and click Finish. The remote caller selects this name to print to the local printer during a remote control session.

Note: If the remote printer driver is not listed in the Manufacturers list box, install it following the printer manufacturers instructions. After installing the driver, it appears on the Currently Installed Driver list.

Good Luck!  :)
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us