Question : Can't connect to a network printer

I have several Windows Vista machines in a network with a network printer (a Ricoh printer/scanner/copier).  On one of the machines, I add the printer, and it finds it in the network, so I choose it.  The name is correct and everything, but it just won't print.  I look at the Properties, and I see that it's using an IP address of 192.168.1.100.  To compare, I go to another machine in the same network that will print.  It's using an IP address of 192.168.1.100_2.  Is 100_2 a valid address?  What should I do to the first machine to get it to print?

Answer : Can't connect to a network printer

When you create an IP connection to a printer it is named the ip address you entered by default.

If an ip connection named 192.168.1.100 already exists it is most likely naming it 192.168.1.100_2. to differentiate it. Go to look at your printer ports for that machine and see if a previously named 192.168.1.100 port exists.

Delete the instance of the printer on the machine where it is not printing and then browse via the network to the printer instance and double click on it. It should prompt you to add the printer.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us