Question : Unable to get outbound port 80/443 access from a 2003 server

Hello, I have a new Dell server (specifics are not relevent) that has an inability to browse out on port 80/443 from the server. I have done the following:

1. Had my hosting provider allow outbound access through our firewall; verified that we can ping out to the site IP's outbound access was granted to.
2. Confirmed we have the correct gateway and DNS settings on the NIC.
3. Removed IE enhanced security and verified Windows Firewall is disabled.
4. Installed firefox and verified this is not an IE specific issue.
5. Reviewed local security policies and found nothing set preventing access.
6. Researched expert-exchange and found none of the answers seen appear to apply.

Is there anything server side, policy specific or otherwise that could prevent outbound access from 2003 server?

Answer : Unable to get outbound port 80/443 access from a 2003 server

You can use telnet host port.
telnet www.experts-exchange.com 80 see what the response is.
Then try:
telnet www.experts-exchange.com 443 and see what the response is.
In a separate window while you try the above, you need to keep refreshing the netstat -an and look at the state of the connection (ESTABLISHED,SYN_WAIT, etc.)
The second part is if you have a webserver elsewhere, you would try to repeat the above examples, but at the same time monitor the network traffic that is hitting your server.  Here you will see whether the traffic gets to you which is the first step. Then you see whether your server responded to the connection, but the packets can not find their way back.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us