Question : Authentication errors

Let me preface w/ NO help from 3rd party progam -

I have a 3rd party program that authenticates to my smtp server in order to use email functionality - When I attempt to test/use application w/ credentials I know work, I get below error - They are telling me it is because I am running SSL or my exchange server is setup incorrectly - The smtp server I have setup does NOT have SSL setup - I can successfully send email from OE using same server and credentials

ERROR -
Description:
MailBee.SmtpMail.MailBeeSmtpLoginBadCredentialsException: The server has rejected authentication data sent by the client. The server responded: 535 5.7.3

Authentication unsuccessful..
   at cj.a(SaslMethod A_0, String A_1, String A_2, String A_3, String A_4)
   at cj.a(AuthenticationMethods A_0, AuthenticationMethods A_1, SaslMethod A_2, AuthenticationOptions A_3, String A_4, String A_5, String A_6)
   at bo.a(AuthenticationMethods A_0, AuthenticationMethods A_1, SaslMethod A_2, AuthenticationOptions A_3, String A_4, String A_5, String A_6)
   at bo.b()
   at a.b()
   at a.a(MailMessage A_0, String A_1, EmailAddressCollection A_2, DeliveryNotificationOptions A_3, Smtp8bitDataConversion A_4, Boolean A_5,

SendFailureThreshold A_6, Boolean A_7, DataTable A_8, Int32 A_9, String A_10)
   at bw.a(MailMessage A_0, String A_1, EmailAddressCollection A_2, DeliveryNotificationOptions A_3, Smtp8bitDataConversion A_4, Boolean A_5,

SendFailureThreshold A_6, Boolean A_7, DataTable A_8, Int32 A_9, String A_10)
   at a8.a(MailMessage A_0, String A_1, EmailAddressCollection A_2, DeliveryNotificationOptions A_3, Smtp8bitDataConversion A_4, Boolean A_5,

SendFailureThreshold A_6, Int32 A_7, ep A_8, Boolean A_9, DataTable A_10, Int32 A_11, String A_12)
   at cc.a(String A_0, EmailAddressCollection A_1)
   at cc.a(Boolean A_0, String A_1, EmailAddressCollection A_2)
   at MailBee.SmtpMail.Smtp.Send()
   at Kemma.HelpDeskBus.SendMail.Mail.SendSmtpMail(Email Message, Int32 UserID)
   at Kemma.HelpDesk.Tools.Email.ComposeMail.btnSend_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Any help is greatly appreciated -

Answer : Authentication errors

Hmm...so a netstat on the source box shows connections the Exchange server and not the one you configured it to talk to?  The only thing I can think of is a firewall is redirecting outbound SMTP to an internal server...I've seen this done to block spam outbreaks.  Also, check to see if the host is configured to use a proxy server or something like that.

If the target SMTP was configured to sent mail to your Exchange server, you should still only see connections to the indended target.  It would accept mail for delivery from you and then start a new session between in and any smarthost that was configure.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us