Question : "Netware Alert Message" when booting win98

I just installed an ethernet card on a new workstation.  It is a pentium 133 with 16megs of ram.  I reinstalled win98 as well.  I then installed the latest client for novell networks.

All of my other workstations work fine.

However, when I boot the computer I get a Netware Alert Message that says "Pseudo module PRINT did not fee one or more resources befor being destroyed."  After I press ctrl-enter to clear I then get another message that syas "Pseud module NDS did not free one or more resources before being destroyed."

After I clear this message, I get a windows message while booting that says "module c:\novell\client32\client32.nlm did not remain resident."

Windows that boots and when it does I get a fatal exception error.  I press enter and windows is fine but I am unable to network to the server although sharing among other win98 machines is working.

What is wrong?  

Thanks

Answer : "Netware Alert Message" when booting win98

This relates to win95 but holds for win98.

Error: NIOS-020-66: Pseudo module PRINT did not free one or more resources before being destroyed.

Error: NIOS-201-66: Pseudo module PRINT did not free one or more resources before being destroyed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fact
The error occurs before the NetWare GUI login screen appears.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cause
Corruption of some sort causing the NIOS.VXD to run an incorrect routine.
NIOS.VXD is broken up into sub-modules called "Pseudo Modules." During the time a module is being unloaded, any resources that module has allocated should be released, or deallocated. Therefore, these error messages should only occur when a module is being unloaded. These error messages usually appear before the NetWare GUI login screen appears. However, at this point in the load order, NIOS.VXD should not be trying to unload anything yet.

A module which has been loaded incorrectly due to either:
1. corruption in the loader,
2. a bug in the loader,
3. corruption in the module being loaded, or
4. a bug in NIOS.VXD.

Fix
Reinstall Windows 95. In some cases, reinstalling an OEM version of Windows 95 will cause the problem to persist. A retails version of Windows 95 may need to be installed.

Make sure NIOS.VXD exists in the C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM directory. If it does not, re-copy it from the Windows 95 CD.

Copy the latest NIOS.VXD to the C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM directory.

Add memory to the workstation.
In multiple instances, increasing memory from 16 MB to either 32 or 48 MB resolved this issue.

Update printer drivers.

Remove the EMM386 line in the CONFIG.SYS file.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us