Question : Zenworks 6.5

I am removing Zenworks from a Netware server and installing it on a standalone server. I will be utilizing the desktop and server management on the new server. I need a step by step method of completely removing Zenworks off of a Netware server that includes the NLM's and is it ok just to delete the objects from Console One?

Answer : Zenworks 6.5

It definitely should be in the same tree.  Since it's already been installed, the schema extensions should already be there, and the apps you already have built should be relatively easy to move to another server.  

Since the new server will be in the same tree, you really don't have to uninstall anything.  Just  comment out the stuff in autoexec.ncf that loads the zen pieces.   You might want to leave 'em both running for a while, as you move the apps to the new server.  That will give you a smoother transition - a better end-user experience, so to speak.

It wouldn't hurt to have it all on the old server, anyway - that way you can build fault-tolerance into your apps, and can have a ready-to-roll fallback in case of a hardware failure on the new one.

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us