Question : You do not have the appropriate access rights for this server????

I recently purchased a new laptop and added it to my home network.  Everything worked fine for a week and a half.  Yesterday I found out I could no longer access the new laptop from the desktop.  When I click on "View Workgroup Computers" it shows up as "newlaptop" but when I try to access it I get the following message;

\\newlaptop is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of the server to find out if you have access permissions.  Access is denied.

If I right click on the newlaptop icon and then click on "properties", I get the following message;

You do not have the appropriate access rights for this server.  For more information, contact your network adminstrator.

I can still access the desktop from the newlaptop.  Both machines are running WinXP SP2.  My network runs through a Linksys Wireless Access Point(802.11b) with a 4 port switch.  The desktop is hard wired and the laptop is wireless.  I installed Password Agent on the laptop 2 days ago.  As far as I can tell, none of the settings on any of the network configuration windows have changed.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jon

Answer : You do not have the appropriate access rights for this server????

>>Until 2 days ago I could share in both directions
what changed? any new software? updates?
you can always do a system restore to go back (if it doesn't work you can come back forward to today)
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us