Question : Baracuda Spam Filtering

Hi guys,

I was a signed a task to investigate and gather as much as possible information about a device called Baracuda. It is said that this device can provide a Spam filtering and a virus protection and that it works with MS Exchange.

So I went to their web site, which is http://www.baracudanetworks.com and read all I can about, but then I was like the best information I could get is from someone who tried it and knows if it works or it's just commercial talk.

So!! Has any of you guys used this device or know someone who used can tell me something about it?

Thanks guys

Answer : Baracuda Spam Filtering

I personally looked into the device but wasn't really sold on the product so I just dropped the idea before getting started. I had always used Symantec's SMTP gateway and was never happy with it. They just put out a new product call BrightMail and let me tell you, it's is awesome, so awesome that I am knocking on my wood desk as I type. Since we put it on the Exchange server it has eliminated most of the spam.

Right now Symantec is having a great deal if you buy Brightmail and Anti Virus corporate.....the down side is that you loose the client side firewall, but who uses that anyway??

I would suggest that you look into BrightMail....especially as you can see how no one has even posted about Baracudda. I would have liked a Baracudda or an IronPort, b/c they are hardware based and the old SMTP spam software used to bog down my Exchange server, but BrightMail so far has been a dream come true.

Now when spam makes it though it's a big deal
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us