Question : Setting up a T1 with a 3Com 3016 router.

I'm trying to setup a T1 service into my building using a 3Com 3016 router, but I need someone to tell me the required steps to make it work.

The T1 line from the provider is up and running, as is verifiable in the routers command-line interface, and there are no alarms reported in the connection.

I can ping outside ip addresses and I can ping inside addresses from the router but none of the machines on the network can browse the internet, or even ping an outside address.  The only appliance that can ping outside is the router, as I said it can ping either way.

I had a tech help me setup some stuff like the channel setup 1-24, and he made sure there were no alarms in the setup (and the provider can verify that we are up), but he cannot guide me on how to complete the task with a 3com router.  (Which makes me crazy; he was getting paid for it!!!)

Can anyone tell me what absolutely needs to be configured before my network users can see the internet?  I don't need to know any fancy routing for smtp, pop3, ftp, etc.

LIKE:
setup NAT, setup ip pool, setup aaa, setup dhcp (I have my server doing the dhcp).  I have no idea.

I've been working on this for 10 days now and am ready to destroy the router and just go with a managed router.  Please help.

I upped the points above extremely difficult because not only is it difficult but it is time critical.

Answer : Setting up a T1 with a 3Com 3016 router.

Have you just tried calling 3Com Tech support?

It is free you know.

1 800 876 3266

have you configured the proper dns server that your isp gave you along with static ip?

when you do a tracert from inside the lan ,to say www.microsoft.com

what errors do you get?
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us