Question : Xbox 360 with TVersity

Hi guys 'n gals,

I am trying to get TVersity to work with my Xbox 360.

I have a laptop which connects to a router via wireless internet
The Xbox 360 connects to my laptop via RJ45 cable

When I tell my Xbox 360 to look for a computer to connect to, it sees Windows Media Player, but not TVersity. When I try running the Media Connection Test, it tells me:

Network Adapter - Wired
IP Address - Confirmed
PC Selected - Failed

Yet it can connect to Windows Media Player, no problem...

I have set the settings of my Local Area Network card to this:

IP Address: 192.168.0.1
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Default gateway: blank

Prefered DNS server: blank
Alternative DNS server: blank

Could somebody please help me out here, please?

Cheers!

Answer : Xbox 360 with TVersity

I'm not sure if TVersity will work with a laptop that is connected wirelessly, but you should try the following:

On the Xbox 360, go to the System tab, then to Computers and disconnected from any computer that you are connected to from there.

Then, on your laptop, open up Windows Media Player, click on the Library arrow and then on Media Sharing, you must disable media sharing here as it can sometimes conflict with TVersity's Media Sharing.

Now, restart your TVersity Media Server (open up TVersity, and select the Restart service option). Be sure to allow your firewalls to let TVersity through, even go as far as disabling your firewall just to get things up and running.

Now, try searching for shared media on your Xbox 360 and TVersity should be listed.

If that works, you can then try to re-enable firewalls and re-enable Windows Media Player sharing, but be sure to check and see that TVersity is still being listed between these steps so that you know what step stopped it from showing up.

Hope that helps :)
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us