Question : System Attendant Service failed

Hi,

I have had a running server for a few weeks and all of a sudden i get this error message:

System Attendant Service failed to create session for virtual machine(servername). The error number is 0xc103073a.

This is what i got from microsoft:
Explanation
The System Attendant service failed to create a session for the virtual machine specified in the Event Log.
This usually occurs when the Exchange Service Account credentials have been changed or corrupted.

User Action
Retyping the Exchange Service Account password in the Exchange System Manager usually fixes this.

how do i get to the exchange service account password in windows 2003 sbs r2?

thx

Answer : System Attendant Service failed

...it could be an Exchange 2003 system and someone may have deleted the Exchange Virtual Server name from Active Directory.  However, this is not a clustered node since it is SBS, so the EVS does not exist.  Additionally, the Exchange server and DC are one in the same.  So re-adding the system to the domain is not going to do any good.  ...wondering if the DNS information is incorrect and the system orphaned itself in DNS and just can't find itself.

Has *anything* changed on the system recently?

Try re-creating the DNS A record for the server on the internal side.
The SBS server should be pointing to itself for DNS resolutio, but not to your ISP.  The ISP's DNS should be configured as a forwarder in the DNS server management console.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us